Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eat to Breathe Manifesto: # 3 Understand the Intention of Your Food and its Value to Your Health


One of the things I’ve done with the recipes on this website is explain the health benefits of each ingredient. You'll see an ingredient list after every recipe and a brief outline of how a particular food lowers cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure. I also include links to references for anyone who wants even more information on how a particular food functions in their body. With my recipes, you will always know the function of the food you are consuming.
When you know that your food is preventing cancer, protecting your heart and lowering your risk of disease with every bite, you can’t help but be a little more excited about eating it. Food has powerful medicinal effects, but we’ve discounted those as a culture. I’ve added that information back in, making it an integral part of each recipe.
Read the rest of the Eat to Breathe Manifesto here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your recipes, il really love how you explain the health benefits !

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete